Is your company involved in the transportation of goods over land? Then make sure you protect your precious cargo and your company’s liability with the right inland marine insurance.

As a business owner, it’s likely that you already have a commercial property insurance policy in place for your company.  However, this type of coverage is not enough if you are involved in the transportation of property.  While the name may be misleading, inland marine insurance is designed to cover the products, materials, and equipment when they are transported over land (via train or truck) or while they are temporarily housed by a third-party.

Standard commercial property policies offer protection for company property that is housed at a specific location.  However, if your business’s operations require you to ship and move products and equipment frequently, then your commercial property coverage will not travel with the mobile property.  This is why you need inland marine insurance.  This type of coverage will travel with your business’s property as it is transported from destination to destination.  This type of coverage is especially important if you are involved in the transportation of high-value items such as computers and computer equipment, communications and networking equipment, construction equipment, medical and scientific equipment, photography equipment, and so on.

Inland marine insurance commonly covers instances of collision and cargo theft when a company’s property may be damaged or stolen.  Additionally, this type of policy also includes coverage for the legal liability exposures of bailees.  This type of coverage protects the property that clients leave in your company’s care, like if you operate a repair shop or warehouse.

Not sure if your business needs the expanded property coverages offered by inland marine insurance?  Then speak to the insurance experts at Premier Rick, LLC. for the advice you need.  Our dedicated team is ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.