Enjoy the Taste of Summer with This Salad
Summer is here! It’s the season of fresh salads, light meals, and delicious produce. Whether you want to whip up an easy salad for a summer party or are looking for an easy mid-week meal, check out this roasted cauliflower and pomegranate salad recipe.
- half medium or one small cauliflower
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz fine white cracked wheat
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses or red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp walnut halves, lightly toasted
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Cut the cauliflower into little florets, toss in two tablespoons of olive oil and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Rinse the cracked wheat, cover with 10 oz of boiling water, stirring, and leave for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and fluff up with a fork.
- Whisk the remaining olive oil with pomegranate molasses or red wine vinegar, cumin, cinnamon, sea salt, and pepper. Add the cauliflower, burghul, onion, parsley, and mint, and lightly toss.
- Hold the half pomegranate over a bowl, whack it lightly with a heavy spoon, and scrape out the seeds and juice with a teaspoon, discarding any pith. Scatter the walnuts and the pomegranate seeds (and any juices) over the salad, and serve.
We hope that you enjoy this delicious salad! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at Premier Risk Insurance today.