Home Insurance Coverage From Disasters
When it comes to your homeowners insurance in Long Island, NY, you want to be sure that your home has the protection it needs and deserves. Although standard homeowners insurance policies cover a wide range of situations, every policy has its limits. To find out which disasters are covered by home insurance, read on.
Standard homeowners insurance covers disasters such as:
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Riot or civil commotion
- Damage caused by vehicles
- Damage caused by aircraft
- Accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam from within a plumbing
Keep in mind that not all disasters are covered. Standard policies often exclude:
- Flood damage must be purchased separately to home insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and from private insurers.
- Earthquake coverage is available from most insurance companies as a separate policy or a rider that adds on to your home insurance policy.
- Maintenance damage. Remember that you can’t turn to your home policy for maintenance damage done to your home. It is your responsibility to maintain your home and take reasonable precautions to protect your home from damage.
If you’re looking for the right protection for your home, take a closer look at your home insurance policy to ensure you have the needed coverage. For the right coverage for your property and needs, contact Premier Risk Insurance today.